Friday, April 2, 2010

Facebook phishing through live chat with Ranbir Kapoor


I was hooked on for a while to Ranbir's live chat for the Pepsi game on facebook today. At the end of the session, i observed some messages informing the users that Ranbir was still online and asked them to click on a link. Though the link looked legitimate, however, I did not want to trust it so I ran my tools to do some investigation. Soon I found that it was taking me to another URL which included the word 'hacking'. Now I was very sure that it wasnt a genuine message. Little more into it and there came a page which looked exactly like the login page of Facebook. It did not need any further investigation as it was very obvious that this was a phishing site and was looking for usernames and passwords.

1 comment:

Tabat said...

Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign ! Chat online